4 posts tagged travel
I haven’t updated La Rosa Knows in a while, and that’s because I’ve been focusing on my new website: Side of Ginger.
La Rosa Knows has been my website for years now, so I don’t think I’ll ever be fully getting rid of it. But if you’re looking for updates on me, my travels, cooking, and things I find to be fun, then you’ve got to add Side of Ginger to your blogroll.
In addition to posting things I find funny, I’ll be sharing recipes, stories about my life, LA things, traveling adventures, and a lot more. (Did I mention every Saturday will be Caturday?)
Please check out my new blog, and I’d love to hear what you think!
Just got my new passport…
So, where should I go??
Oh, haiiii, Holiday Inn!
Friends, Romans, LAX-bound men, lend me your ears!
Let me tell you a funny story about a girl—for our purposes here we’ll name her “I” and divulge this tale using the first person narrative.
Now, for some wacky reason, I decided to book a morning flight for my trip back to Florida to be a bridesmaid in my friend’s wedding. At the time, 6:30 a.m. seemed like a fairly reasonable hour to arrive at the airport, and even an ambitious task that I might take great pride upon achieving.
But, what I had regrettably forgotten is that sleep is necessary for survival. Silly, witless, I.
After a 3:30 a.m. wake-up call, harried shuffle into a waiting shuttle bus, and a large cup of coffee that had absolutely no effect on me, I’ve learned some very important rules to live by:
- Don’t book morning flights.
- If you accidentally break Rule 1, then do yourself a favor and pack snacks for the car ride. Your lack of hanger (hunger+anger) will thank me.
- Whatever you typically order coffee wise? Double it.
- Make sure you don’t have to speak to anyone on the flight, because if anyone so much as throws you a sideways glance that early in the morning, you will burn that place to the ground.
- With Rule 4 in mind, plug in your iPod, put on a sleep mask, and wrap a plastic bag loosely around your head. People will be freaked out just enough to leave you the eff alone.
- Mainly just follow Rule 1.