7 posts tagged candy corn
My boyfriend came home with candy corn Oreos and candy corn coffee.
I’m just glad he’s figured out the key to my happiness*. (READ: Sugar)
Get ready to be grossed out.
OK, so, even though it’s gross, I still will always love candy corn. #candycorn4lyfe
According to Merriam-Webster’s, October is defined as, “The happiest month of the year, when faeries emerge from their moss-covered meadows to sprinkle stardust and candy corn to all the children of the world.”
OK…I may have added some things to that definition, but October is my favorite month of the year and here’s why:
This is the most obvious reason, so I wanted to get it out in the open. I love everything about Halloween—costumes, trick-or-treating, scary movies, etc. I’ll even love the fact that some of you hate this holiday.
- Candy Corn
Have you ever loved something so much it hurts? That’s me and CC.
- Pumpkin Drinks
Anything punkin flavored, really.
- Haunted Houses
I know that not everyone likes to live in a constant state of fear and anxiety, but I do. I really do.
- Change in Weather
I live in Los Angeles, so we don’t feel a huge shift in the temperature, but it does cool down. And when it does, I am smiling with scarf in hand. Just like that little girl in the above book, but sans the umbrella.
Happy October to you all, I hope it’s filled with terror and sugar!
I bought some very necessary office supplies.
It’s that special time of year where I promise to do very festive and seasonal activities, and then never actually do. Let’s go over what my fall broken promises look like:
-Ice skating downtown (in LA this is very special indeed, because they open a rink in Pershing Square and for the briefest of moments you forget that )
-Paying a visit to Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch
-Apple picking! Apple time!
-Bake a pumpkin pie… nom nom
-Play in the snow!* (*not possible in LA unless you count the fake snow at The Grove, which, I don’t)
-Buy a bag of pumpkin shaped candy corn and eat it with class (i.e. not woof it down, as will be the inevitable case)
-Buy a pumpkin spiced latte and walk down the beach in a long jacket
In all seriousness, I love fall, most importantly the fantasizing part of it.
A unicorn… made out of CANDY CORN?!?
IN MY MOUTH
Yay! Now it’s officially time to indulge in the following things:
1) Ogling Halloween store displays (like this one at Trader Joes).
2) Indulge in a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks (you can make it “skinny” with nonfat milk and no whip).
3) Visit Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch in West Hollywood where they sell (you guessed it!) pumpkins, costumes, and decorations. But they also have fresh pizza and snacks, rides, and a petting zoo!
4) Figure out what the hell you’re gonna be on the big day. No one is going to think you’re cute when you go as “Sleepy Version of Me!” by fluffing your hair and wearing pajamas (trust me on this one).
5) Buy an oversized bag of your favorite candy (mine is candy corn of the mixed variety) and if anyone asks, say it’s for “Trick-or-Treaters.” Even if you live in a secure apartment building, and there’s no way you’ll get any kids roaming around, it’ll still buy you time to eat that entire bag by Halloween… and possibly buy another one.
Happy October!! :D